10 Reasons I Don't Have New Year's Resolutions
- I am a DO-ER. I have learned that ACTIONS speak louder than any words I could put down on paper. Making a list of things I want means nada to me.
- I live my life "In the moment", so my CHANGES....happen NOW.
- While GOALS are great to have....Year-Long plans of actions just don't motivate me.
- Did you know that the Journal of Clinical Psychology says that only 8% of those who make resolutions, actually stick to them...? I refuse to be in that 8% -
- LOSING WEIGHT....Is the top resolution ever. It has been on my list of things I wanted for over 30 years. And...The ONLY time I have actually accomplished this goal...Was when I decided to stop making it a YEARLY resolution!
- The pressure of making New Year's Resolutions make me feel like crap. Going into a New Year is awesome...and I have hopes and dreams of it being 'the best year ever'....But lists and plans, make me feel like I am setting myself up to fail- AGAIN. I stick with daily goals. Daily plans. Daily Intentions.
- Resolutions are typically unrealistic - I am a mom to 6 kids and live in reality. I will not make a list of unattainable expectations. "Being a size 4 by February" or "Getting to 120 pounds". Nonsense.
- In MY past...Resolutions have been about taking away something...or doing LESS of something. Negativity will NOT be a part of my life anymore-
- Instead of having a resolution to BE BETTER/DO BETTER....I celebrate that I am already there. I celebrate the progress I have made.
- Loving myself just the way I am. While having intentions on doing more things that ADD, not take away--SOLUTIONS....Not resolutions are my hopes for 2014!