Monday, December 20, 2010

Motivational Monday--Thriving with Neurofibromatosis!

I am so grateful to have my book out, and for others to be reading my journey. It feels kinda weird though, that I now have more close friends than I could have ever imagined. I have gotten a lot of good responses, from those who relate closely to what I have experienced....and that to me, is both awesome and sad.

Why does Neurofibromatosis bring with it such loneliness and sadness? Why are there so many people out there who are suffering in silence?

The book is just the beginning of my Thriving Life...I have much more planned. But getting there has been a terribly rough road....and there are times when I don't think I can do it anymore....Times when I don't want to do it.



As my son enters puberty....NF is taking a cruel swing at his young body. I feel like David must've felt as he went up against Goliath. Against all odds, David defeated his giant foe. But what must David have felt? Surely there was a time where the battle seemed hopeless.

I'm scared for Braden. When I got the news of the MRI....all I wanted to do was to breakdown and cry. Questioning the heavens with why this was happening to him, when just a year ago his MRI was “stable”.

Everything happens for a reason? Really? What is the reason for tumors that are forming on my sons spine? What am I going to “learn” from my sons Optic Nerve being damaged?

I keep repeating in my mind “Thrive Kristi Thrive”. The bar has been set....and now I have something to live up to....people counting on me.

Attitude +Actions= Thriving.

It's time to step up my game. To not give in to this. To continue to fight, even when the battle seems hopeless.

Merry CHRISTmas
Thrive On!

1 comment:

  1. Everything does not necessarily happen as God would like it to though! We live in a complicated and intricately woven cosmos where natural laws, the choices of good & bad people and the influence of the unseen world play a huge part in what we live with and suffer with. Knowing the GOD of DAVID and loving HIM with all our hearts in spite of these things is where our faith becomes REAL! I am going to buy your book Kristi for my 26 year old son who also has NF & optic nerve gliomas that have taken the vision in one eye so far and spinal nerve tumors that encroached on his spine so much at 16 that he needed a 13 hour spinal fusion and titanium cage around. My overcoming but also lonely son has a David and Goliath collection since his wee days and it is added to yearly! At age 4 before we knew NF was in our world, he would stand on each side of the house and yell out from memory,"I am going to feed your flesh to the birds (GOLIATH)........" You come at me with sword and spear but I come to you in the name of the living God and this day shall all the earth know there is a GOD......."(DAVID) All our battles are victories when Jesus is our captain. Praying for you now as you head into another season of uncertainty and the need for wisdom and discernment in caring for your precious son!
    Renee' Gwaltney in Kirkland Washington

    ReplyDelete