Friday, February 11, 2011

Under the Weather



It's been a LONG week!  I met with the Neurologist and Neurosurgeon about my issues and possible shunt surgery, I spent almost 10 hrs in the ER, my 6 yr old son has mono and then I came down with Mono and a sinus infection.

I went into this week very excited for some possible answers to all the issues I have been having...but I became more and more frustrated when all I got was "I don't know".  Seems my "compensation" for NPH has thrown the doctors off, making them unsure on how to treat me.

I met with my general doctor today...And she wants to go ahead with the intracranial pressure monitoring...which will hopefully bring some answers.

One step forward, two steps back....Even in times of frustration, I try to keep in mind, that THRIVING doesn't always mean having a happy/positive attitude.  It means that you keep on going, despite being frustrated.

Hope you all have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment