1. This was a scary age for me. I remember when my dad turned 40... He had an "Over-the-hill" party and I was thinking..."Wow...He's so old!"
2. This is the age my mom was, when her NF really became obvious...So this just worries me a bit. NF will do what it's going to do....But I'd be lying if I said I wasn't scared.
3. My wrinkles....Are no longer "laugh lines"....They are true honest-to-goodness WRINKLES! My 14 yr old daughter came up to me the other night...Saying "wow...u have a lot of dimples.....Wait....those arent dimples, they're wrinkles..." So yeah. I got wrinkles.
4. Even though I am 40....I FEEL 20. Part of this is because I am no longer 242 pounds....Losing weight has been the one of the best things I have ever done in my life.
5. I have children with a sense of humor.....
6. I understand my parents A LOT more now....Then I did 10, 20 years ago. And I'm sorry for ALL I put them through.
7. I actually plucked my very first grey hair.
8. I get called Ma'am A LOT.
9. AARP cold called me the other day....
10. “The first forty years of life give us the text: the next thirty supply the commentary.” ~Arthur Schopenhauer
11. I know what I want from life...But still not sure how to get it. But I have the faith and determination to still keep going for it!
12. I have always fought for what I believe in...Being 40, I am hoping people will take me more seriously. Maybe.
13. I have a very serious urge to create a 'Bucket List'. Nothing too crazy....But GEEZ....There are some things I really want to do!!
14. No body questions me when I say "I'm exhausted."
15. I ordered an "adult drink" for my Bday....and didn't get carded.
16. Realizing that MOST of my friends are still in their 30's. :/
17. I honestly do NOT care what other people think of me. Like me? Hate me? That's your choice and I am not about to change who I am, to get friends.
18. After 40 years and SIX kids....I can no longer "hold it" when I have to go to the bathroom! -sorry- (wait... no I'm not!)
19. I used to obsess over the news. Now...I rarely know what is going on in the world. Which has actually been a GOOD thing.
20. I have this weird thing, where I just want to have a yard sale and sell all the crap that I used to care about.
21. EVERYTHING just costs way too much.
22. I have known this forever...but life is really controlled with how much money you have. It just becomes increasingly depressing the older I get.
23. Accepting that my SQUISHY belly will forever be my reminder that I actually grew SIX human beings inside me!
24. All the heart - throbs actors that I crushed on in my teens and 20's are REALLY OLD NOW!
25. I can STILL move fast! I can get myself and 6 kids ready and out-the-door in 15 minutes or less! (only if I HAVE to though, just sayin')
26. Speaking of fast...I run a faster mile at 40, than I did when I was 15.
27. I bought my first pair of Spanx.
28. I still laugh when someone farts. Hey...Just 'cause I'm OLD...doesn't mean I have to be mature. :P
29. I remember when I was a kid, and we had 2 channels to choose from -- And I always managed to find 'something' to watch.
30. I'm old enough, that the "bad stuff" I did when I was younger.....Can't be found by searching GOOGLE. *whew*
31. I bought my very first Mu-Mu. And it's rather comfy!
32. I think I need Bi-focals. I might as well get that chain around my neck too....Just so I won't lose my glasses.
33. I have an almost 19 year old and almost 17 year old. That's just frightening!
34. My Drs are now wanting to run all sorts of tests on me...Mammograms, colonoscopys....YIKES!
35. Realizing that in 11 Years...ALL of my children will be adults...*tears*
36. Fear of death. I seriously worry about what life would be like if/when I die. And it scares the crud outta me.
37. I pluck A LOT of stray hairs. :/
38. Everything gives me heartburn.
39. I forget where I put things ALL THE STINKING TIME!
40. HAVE THE BEST FAMILY EVER. LOOKING BACK AT MY LIFE, I CAN HONESTLY SAY THAT I FEEL SO BLESSED AND HONORED TO HAVE SUCH AMAZING PEOPLE TO SHARE THESE YEARS WITH.