Monday, January 28, 2013

Making getting Healthy Important


You don't have to be great to start, 
but you have to start to be great. "
ZigZiglar


I just got back from the gym.  My hubby and I are scheduling our work out times, like they are important appointments...And so far, I like it!  We have gotten to the gym (together) more times in the last week...than since we first got our membership almost a year ago!

With all the things going on...THIS is one thing I have complete control over.  I feel my body changing and becoming stronger...Which has had a direct affect on my mood and stamina.

  

The above pics show me at my heaviest (I still cringe at the number) and Me with a 75 pound loss.  While this loss feels awesome...I have a ways to go...But I have set realistic goals...And plan to stick with them.

When everything else in life feels out of control...THIS is one thing I can do, that makes me feel good.  The healthier I become...The more I can do for my family! 

THRIVE ON!

2 comments:

  1. Ha! My post today was practically the same. I'm wanting to at least try and eat healthy for a few of my meals each week. Start out small sort of theory.........Last week I ate 3 salads and this week I'm eating 3 salads, soup, sweet potato......(that's five lunches Mon-Fri). I figure I'll eventually start eating a better breakfast (instead of doughnuts or some other junk, I'll eat a good cereal). I'm also cutting down on soda. Can't give that up completely but if I only drink one per day, it'll be good.

    Way to go on making it to the gym. Once I am eating 'right' for at least breakfast and lunch all week long then I'll add exercise. One small step.....one day at a time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's exactly how i feel. When everything else is out of control, maybe losing weight is within my reach.

    ReplyDelete