Monday, August 20, 2012

Kindergarten!

Brooklyn showing off her sign language "K" for Kindergarten.

I knew this day was coming.  I've seen 5 "first days of Kindergarten", so I kind of knew what to expect.  It was a BIG deal for each of my kids.  But this day was different...Still a BIG deal...But this was the FIRST day for my LAST kiddo...So more of a big deal for ME. :)

I expected tears...You know, the overly emotional mom who is hugging and kissing her kid, as the teacher tries to pry us apart...but the tears didn't come.  Instead, I felt this enormous sense of pride.  SIX happy, THRIVING children all in school!  YAY!


There are moments when you are proud of your kids (everyday)...Then there are moments when that pride turns in something more.  I don't think there is a word that describes the feeling, but my heart was swelling with an overwhelming sense honor. 

Honor in that I feel like I have REALLY amazing children...And that I get to be their mom!  



No comments:

Post a Comment