Monday, December 11, 2017

Kristi Strikes Back

Update on Yoda!

Sometimes, things are not what they appear to be...Have you ever been told that..?  If I believed everything a doctor has told me..I'd probably be living secluded someplace...Never venturing outside.

I had a follow-up with an OB/GYN the other day....Almost exactly a month after a previous doctor diagnosed me with Yoda.  Measuring 9cm at that time, I was told that a hysterectomy was in my near future.

Finally - a reason for the pain.  I wasn't too upset about losing my uterus...I mean I have been blessed so much by it, so the fear I was feeling, wasn't about that...It was just about --well--losing a body part....The body part that had worked so hard for me.

This OB/GYN wanted to perform all her own tests and imaging and we found that the "mass" had grown 2 CM....That's A LOT.  She ordered a biopsy right away...

I was nervous.  Well...more like petrified!

The Dr. gave me a paper napkin and had me undress.

The nurse brought in the instruments...and I sat there for what seemed like hours....


So the doctor comes in...explains the procedure and gets to it....  I'll spare you the gruesome details...

During the biopsy a gush of "water'....What the heck!?!

Long story short....This "MASS" was fluid filled...like when a womb fills up with amniotic fluid when there is a baby....But I had no baby....just the fluid...A Blighted Ovum.  No Tumor. 

After another ultrasound showed the "mass" was now gone....the doctor explained how the human body is "freaky"...and does things that can't be explained.

I do still have the "friends" of Yoda....Fibroids...that will be watched...And we will wait for the biopsy to come back before doing anything else.

This is GOOD news.  It made me realize that medicine isn't perfect....Doctors aren't perfect.

Merry Christmas!!

1 comment:

  1. Fibroids are tumors (leimyomas) with their own small risk of cancer so that is no laughing matter. My mom had a co-worker that had numerous fibroids and thyroid cancer which is indicitive of another rare tumor disorder Heretitary Leimyomatosis. This women wears herself out as an adaptive PE teacher. Lastly, May The Force be with you and good health to your family from a fellow NFer.

    ReplyDelete