Thursday, January 19, 2012

Resolutions for 2012

Last night at our church Life Group we shared our New Years Resolutions for 2012.  I found it interesting that I didn't hear the typical "I want to lose weight"...."I want to make a million dollars"...."I want a bigger house" etc.
What I heard was real people, expressing real desires to be better.  Better Christians, more productive people, healthier / happier people.




What I want for 2012 and for the rest of my life
 is to remember what's important!
My top 10 "Resolutions"
#1  Make sure Bailey gets everything she needs medically.  It's hard for me to get excited about the "No more chemo party" coming up in March.  Why?  Because Bailey still has a brain tumor that is TWICE the size it was when we began chemo.  So, stopping chemo has me feeling extremely stressed.
I want to make sure we take the right steps, in making sure she is around to see 2013!

#2  I did state that I would like to lose weight....But I vow to not focus or get so swept up in this idea, that I let the number on the scale affect my mood.  I want to be healthier....And THIS is what I will focus on!  This includes Exercise...Even when the tumor in my leg causes pain.

#3  Speaking of the tumor...I NEED to figure out what treatments are available.  Surgery?  Amputation?  Whatever needs to happen...NEEDS to happen in 2012!

#4  Be a more patient person.  Anyone who KNOWS me, knows that I have issues with this.  This includes friends and family.  If something doesn't happen on MY time schedule, I will try to let it go. :)

#5   Invite friends over to our home.... I would LOVE to host Life Group, or just a social gathering.  Goal for 2012, is to invite a few families over for dinner/games/movies--whatever. :)

#6  FILL my calendar with speaking events, interviews, or talk shows covering Neurofibromatosis.  I already have a few set up for this year, but I want MORE!!  Getting myself  "out there" as a spokesperson for NF would be a dream come true!

#7  Blog more.  I started this blog over 3 yrs ago and it began VERY strong.  I'd like to get back to that.  This includes Guest Bloggers, Interviews, Personal stories, and general everyday life.

#8  De-Clutter my house!  I swear, I am cleaning up the same messes every single day...We have WAYYY too much stuff.  Maybe have a Yard Sale!

#9  Support my husband.  I do this already, but I could be better.  Have faith in him and trust him more...He and I have been through so much in our marriage...And I need to believe that God will see us through.  He is my best friend and I need to block out all the negative people who try to convince me that holding onto him isn't what I should be doing.  

#10  Last but not least...In 2012, I'd like to get out a second book.  I've been thinking a lot about a squeal or just a book about general Thriving.  My life isn't all about Neurofibromatosis...It's about Thriving, no matter what I am facing...

I would LOVE to hear some of YOUR "resolutions" or goals for 2012!!  Reply here

No comments:

Post a Comment