Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Attitude is everything


Thriving Thursday

Our home has been invaded this last week, with the Swine Flu. It has brought everyone in the house down for days! With fevers, coughs, runny noses and diarrhea, it has run me so exhausted, and I am beginning to feel very run down.

My powerful "Mommy never gets sick" coat was hung up today. My head hurts (more than usual) and the hacking, persistent cough chisels though me, like a jack hammer.

I don't need medicine....what I would like is something to knock me unconscious until this passes.
At our house, we have a "Family Meeting"....we read from the bible, and talk about our day. We had a catch up night and I found it so awesome when we asked the kids about how they felt about the last few days.

The kids prayed for each other and asked God to help them feel better. They listed off how excited they were about going back to school, Rachel told us all about her trip to the Fire Station, and jumped up to show us all the "stop-drop-roll" drill, she learned. She dramatized checking the door for heat, and wanted to plan out a proper fire drill for the family! She ran to get the plastic fire hat and placed it on my head. I instantly began to feel better, as the kids laughed at their "FireMom".

Kids have this amazing resiliency, and I learn so much from them. They have this way of having such a positive attitude, despite challenging circumstances. My children have taught me a new optimism even while dealing with so much adversity.

Even with a fever of 102....My 2yr old sits on the bed and sings the theme song to her favorite show. I sit and watch her in total amazement. She smiles at me, through rosy red cheeks, and a snotty nose, and tells me she loves me.

I'm so proud of my kids, they bless my life so much.


HERE IS A FUN STORY I FOUND

ATTITUDE
There once was a woman who woke up one morning, looked in the mirror,
and noticed she had only three hairs on her head.
'Well,' she said, 'I think I'll braid my hair today.'
So she did and she had a wonderful day.
The next day she woke up, looked in the mirror and saw that she had only two hairs on her head.
'H-M-M,' she said, 'I think I'll part my hair down the middle today.' So she did and she had a grand day.
The next day she woke up, looked in the mirror and noticed that she had only one hair on her head.
'Well,' she said, 'today I'm going to wear my hair in a pony tail.' So she did, and she had a fun, fun day.
The next day she woke up, looked in the mirror and noticed that there wasn't a single hair on her head.
'YAY!' she exclaimed. 'I don't have to fix my hair today!'
Attitude is everything.

Live simply, Love generously, Care deeply & Speak kindly

No comments:

Post a Comment