Suggested screening for people with NF1 or at risk for NF1 includes:
- Yearly examination by a doctor familiar with NF1
- Yearly eye examinations, beginning in childhood (may become less frequent in adulthood)
- Yearly blood pressure monitoring
- Developmental assessments in childhood, as needed
- Other evaluations (such as imaging scans, like CT scan or MRI), as needed for symptoms
Screening recommendations may change over time as new technologies are developed and more is learned about NF1. It is important to talk with your doctor about appropriate screening tests. In some areas, comprehensive NF1 clinics may be available to help with coordination of medical care.
I will get more answers to the questions ---be sure to chk back!
Tomorrow I will be admitted to NIH and get set for the surgery on Weds!
Thank you all for your wonderful support--God Bless