Monday, July 19, 2010

Motivational Monday



STRENGTH
by Sylvia Kelly
It takes strength to be certain,
It take courage to have doubts.
It takes strength to fit in,
and courage to stand out.
It takes strength to share a friend's pain
It take courage to feel your own pain.
It takes strength to hide your own pain,
and courage to show it and deal with it.
It takes strength to stand guard,
It takes courage to let down your guard.
It takes strength to conquer,
And Courage to surrender.
I just loved this. When I began trying to come up with something to write this morning, I found it very tough. The kids were loud and distracting me.....Every 5 seconds it was "mommy" this or "mommy" that......
I made a pancake breakfast, with hot maple syrup*, in hopes that they would go outside afterwards and let mommy work---Yeah Right!
I began to think about this week...and what it holds for our in terms of being courageous and strong. I am so amazed with the amount of courage my children show me.....oftentimes, it is THEM, who give ME the courage to face what is in front of me.
To Bailey: You are so strong....so brave...so courageous! I know that sometimes what is happening is scary....But I want you to know, I will ALWAYS be there for you!
XXX

1 comment:

  1. Kristi: Your posts are always amazing. The courage you have for all you do is incredible and a sign that it is ok to deal with the mental aspects of NF. Sylvia Kelly would be proud.

    ReplyDelete