Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Happy Birthday Rachel!


Nine years ago today, I had no idea what I was in for.  I was pregnant with my 4th baby, and VERY ready to meet her!  My doctors kept refusing to induce..Telling me to let nature take its course.

Two weeks past my due date....Nature was NOT listening!

My next appnt was for the day after Thanksgiving in 2002.  I could barely walk.  My body was so swollen!  I looked like I had just swallowed the entire turkey from the day before.

The drs took one look at me and told me to get to the hospital...I was induced and gave birth that night to a 6 pound 6 ounce baby girl.

When she came out of me...She made no noise.  She just laid there, looking back at me as if she was saying..."Why on Earth did you take me out of there?"

From the moment Rachel entered our family, life has been a bit of a roller coaster.  She was a fussy baby, who could only be soothed by being held.

Drs told me it was colic, another told me it was my breast milk....It was neither.  It was Rachel.  A spunky, sensitive, hot tempered little angel.  MY Angel.

Years would go by before we would know the full extent of Rachel's issues (Neurofibromatosis, Sensory Integration Disorder, and ADHD) And in spite of all that...she has blessed my life in so many ways, and I am so glad God blessed me with her!

Happy 9th Birthday 
Rachel!
Mommy and Daddy love you SOOOOO much!

No comments:

Post a Comment