Thursday, September 3, 2009

Freaky Friday

Toastmasters

I had my second meeting with Toastmasters tonight and I had a good time. A little more relaxed than last time, but still quite nervous. (Thus the whole point of me going to Toastmasters) *smile* Just the fact I joined TM is good enough for a FREAKY FRIDAY POST! :)

I was picked for Table Topics, and given a one word topic to talk about for 1-2 minutes. The general topic was "How would you change this...." And my word was "personal".

I wiggled around in my chair, stood up, knew exactly what I wanted to say, started out really really good....then fell flat on my face. BAM "umm Uhh ummm" 51 seconds of jibberish came out of my mouth.

I need A LOT of practice. But I'm there...I'm doing it. Toastmasters is something I said I'd NEVER do. But, with work, and a lot of nail biting, perhaps I will become comfortable infront of crowds.

Have a GREAT WEEKEND.....be safe and enjoy the holiday!

XXX


1 comment:

  1. Ooooh, I've always wanted to do Toastmasters! You are doing all the things in life I've always wanted to do, girl!

    ReplyDelete