Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Whacky Wednesday

My tag line is 'Thriving with Neurofibromatosis', however lately, after some extensive tests, I have found I have much more on my plate.

After a visual field test, showed decrease peripheral vision, and MRI showed a 4mm brain tumor, as well as hydrocephalus....I am thinking that I may need a new tag line.

Maybe a Check list type tag line:
THRIVING with :
NF
Hydrocephalus
Brain Tumors
Blindness

I do find it kind of WHACKY....that 2 of the 4 things on that list have little to do with NF, the tumor - I was told is not related to NF, which is most likely what is causing the brain swelling and extra fluid--- regardless....I choose to Thrive through it all. I won't let this or anything else beat me.

We all have our own "check lists" or baggage...that we deal with and carry around every single day....but it's HOW we deal with it that counts. Are you Angry? Bitter? Whiney? Do you blame others? Or yourself?

I have spent time doing all of these....and It has taken me a long time to realize how much time I was wasting. I am truly happy with my life.....all of the "problems" have made me strong. All of the strength, has made me a believer! I believe in miracles....and will fight to Thrive.

Happy Wednesday!

4 comments:

  1. thinking of you Kristi at this difficult time.
    You continue to inspire me (hugs)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Honey, I hate to break it to you, but I'm pretty sure all of them have something to do with NF.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Actually...My brain tumor has nothing to do with NF.

    ReplyDelete
  4. marlsunshine you know kristi, I too have the not from NF1 issues, osteoarthritis,carpal tunnel,too ! it's like I'm being attacked by all sides.everytime I go to check one thing out I find out another thing.I just tried radio frequency for pain worked great for a week. thinking of trying it out on other areas. if you haven't tried it out yet then it might alieviate some pain.I did it for my ankle. got broken bone,neurofibromas,subcutaneous tissue,arthritis,and god only knows what else.oh yeah no cartilage!! if they could isolate the different pains it would be a miracle !! I hope you are doing well today, me not too bad.today is a good NF day!! marlsunshine @twitter.com

    ReplyDelete