Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Whacky Wednesday

Ahhh the Duggars are at it again. The family gathered around to announce to the world, that baby number 19 is due sometime after their first grandchild.

I'm happy for them, I really am.....But one has to wonder, when enough is enough?

With having a genetic disorder, where the odds of passing it on to your children is 50%, I wavered with my choice to have children. And to keep having them. My feelings were that NF was not going to rob me of being a mommy.

Risks are made, with each and every pregnancy. One could be totally and completely "healthy", and give birth to a child with severe medical needs. So who decides?

Michelle Duggar is very obviously blessed with 18 very beautiful, very healthy children, I hope and pray her 19th baby is just as healthy. But I also know, that if she were met with the challenges of having a child with special needs....the Lord would take care of her and the family.

I would have 50 more babies, if fate so saw it that way. I don't see my NF children as "disabled"....they have special needs...and have a special mommy to take care of those special needs. I am so blessed and I am reminded of this every single day.

Don't worry.....no more babies are on their way. I get reminded all the time, that Bailey only has about 5 yrs to go, before becoming a mother, if she follows in my footsteps....~~~cringe~~~ LOL

Bless this baby, and the siblings ---



***RIP POP....I know you are in a better place now! I'm so glad I got to hug you one last time. I love you so much!

2 comments:

  1. Kristi, I see where you are coming from. I use to feel that way, too. In the past three years, however, God has shown me a different way of looking at it. His word shows us over and over that children are a blessing and a reward. Did you know that when the Egyptian midwives refused to kill the Isrealite infant boys, he rewarded them with children of their own? I have not watched the Duggar's show, but I have read their book. I believe that God is rewarding them. Praise God for one more child to tell the world about Jesus!

    When it comes to birth defects or special needs. . . Do we rely on probability or God's plan? My children have taught me so much about God through their special needs. It has not been easy, but I am a better person because of them. I know that you are a better person because of your NF. Look at all the people you are blessing! Your faith touches so many people. Who are we to say what is normal? The wisdom of the world is foolishness to God.

    I love you, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank u for your sweet message...I wrote the blog after a very hard day yesterday....I lost my grandfather, and have been dealing with some strange side effects from these meds. My point was not written clearly. I changed the blog a bit.....My view on having children is obviously that of "Gods will be done". I am blessed beyond words...and I see that everyday.....NF or not....."disabilities" or not....two arms 2 legs, or missing limbs.....I would definitely have more babies if that was Gods will.....but I think the point I was trying to make was that...here is a family, who has 18 perfectly healthy children.....and she keeps having more....even in her advanced age of 40 something......Its not my place to judge her at all....I admire the families faith and values (although a reality tv show Im not sure of)

    I know the Lord will bless the outcome of the pregnancy, whatever it may be......I just hope a lesson in heartache is learned here .

    I luv ya Tereasa! Thank u for your support!!!

    ReplyDelete