Sunday, November 1, 2009

Accepting Reality


Motivational Monday
(Accepting Reality)

So much of my life has been wasted, trying to hide from my NF. I never wanted to accept the reality of it. I saw the pain it caused my mother, and I just wanted to close that door and forget it existed.
I would hear my mother praying to God, and get confused when she used words of anger and hatred. She blamed God for bringing this "curse" into our family. I vowed to never let myself get there.
I do hate having NF, and I hate the fact that I have passed this on to my children. But this is when I make a choice, to not get angry about it. I accept my reality and my future with Neurofibromatosis.

It's hard to accept reality. Sometimes it means facing your biggest fears. But when you learn to stand up and accept it, you learn to gain control over it. Once you gain control over your reality, you can change the world.

My reality is, that I have Neurofibromatosis. But that's not the end of me, that's just the beginning.

1 comment: