Tuesday, June 28, 2011

New Round of New Chemo

For the last 3 months, Bailey has received chemotherapy for a brain tumor....News that the tumor has grown through the treatment was heartbreaking.  Was the last 3 months all for nothing?  Or....Did the last 3 months of Carbolatin keep this tumor from growing even bigger?

It's hard when things don't go your way.  I sometimes feel like a toddler, who just needs to have a good tantrum, to get out how frustrated I am.  I want to scream and cry, and tell the world that this isn't FAIR!

Tomorrow, Bailey starts a new round of therapy, in hopes that we can stop this tumor from getting any larger.  A biopsy was talked about...then quickly ruled out, for fear that doing one, would cause more harm than good.

Sometimes life is just life....and sometimes the battle of life hurts like hell....But once you get through the battle, to the other end, you look back and see how truly blessed you were, to have made it at all.

Thrive On!


3 comments:

  1. Look how awesome you are. Your messages are coming loud and clear! You don't sit there and bitch and moan. You don't tell people how horrible you feel.
    You instead take all that energy, to make a difference!!!
    Through your frustrations and pain, you uplift the entire NF community.
    I am proud to know you.
    All my best- Matt

    ReplyDelete
  2. My name is katelyn and Iam 14 years old. My mom told me about your blog and I have been reading it all day long.
    Your storys are great and make me feel better.
    I am about to start chemo for a nf tumor to.
    I was scared. but after reading your blog I am not scared anymore.
    How does it feel to have chemo? can u feel it go in? does the needle hurt?
    You make me happy. I never thought i could be happy with my nf entil I met you and read your stories.
    Thank u

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi
    My name is Jenna and i came across your site. U are an inspirational hero, and a wonderful person. My bestfriend has the worse type of NF but it is a rare form of it. She is such an inspiration, and has the huges smile on her face. She has started chemo because of the tumors in her arms. She is a true fighter, just like anyone with NF and other illnesses. iw as born with a rare life threatening disease. It is a rare bone disease, and effects all my joints. I am prone to skin cancer, may have Chrone's disease and have 12 other medical conditions. I also have developmental delays and lots and lots of Cafe ole spots, and malformed skin grats. i also have abnormal moles. I was tested for nf but I don't have it. I have simular signs though. I love ti when people sign my guestbook. www.miraclechamp.webs.com

    ReplyDelete