Saturday, August 1, 2009

Discouraged?

It's been a tough day--Kids are sick...and I am feeling very overwhelmed. I read a quote somewhere, that someone compared their life to "climbing out of wet cement". That's how I feel today. Almost paralized as I moved through my day. I did get a lot done though. (Started my NF website, made meals, watered lawn, chkd fevers, laundry, took a walk--seems a lot more when you write it all down) But I still, found myself mentally sluggish.
I was envious today....In doing that, I made myself feel awful. (I guess that's why God commands us not to do this) Even still, I went down this road. I got angry and resentful. I questioned the path that my life has taken.
It's amazing, that a 15 minute conversation, ended up making me question everything. But why? What is REALLY that those other people have, that I do not? I love my life -- and everything/one in it.
It took me a while to snap out of it....and as I look back....I can't believe I let that pull me so far down. Boy have I learned a lesson (Thanks God)
ONE OF MY FAVS
--------------------
When things go wrong as they sometimes will,
When the road you're trudging seems all uphill,
When the funds are low and the debts are high,
When you want to smile but you have to sigh,
When cares are pressing you down a bit,
Rest if you must,but don't you quit!
Life is strange with its twists and turns,
As everyone of us sometimes learns,
And many a failure turns about,
When he might have won if he stuck it out
Don't you give up though the pace seems slow,
You might succeed with another blow,
Often the goal is nearer than,
It ever seems to a faint and faltering man,
Often the struggler has given up,
When he might have captured the victor's cup,
And, he learned too late, with a groan and frown,
How close he was to the golden crown.
Success is failure turned inside out,
The silver tint of the clouds of doubt,
You never can tell how close you are,
It may be near when it seems so far,
So, stick to the fight when you're hardest hit,
It's when things seem worse that you must not quit.

No comments:

Post a Comment