Friday, November 25, 2011

Black Friday

We got up bright and early today...Got in the car and raced to be first in line.  Surprisingly...We found a parking spot, nice and close!

As we walked through the doors, we saw the crowds swarming.

No...We weren't at Target, Wal-Mart, Khols, or Sears....Today was "Chemo Day".

We spent our morning on the 7th floor of the Children's Hospital.

Chemo Days are always a mix of emotions.  Bailey says these days are her favorite day of the week.   I love my days with Bailey too, but tend to hold my joy, until after we hear what her counts are.

Today they were low.  Which explains Bailey's symptoms. (Dizziness, blurry vision, headaches, nausea)

Low Counts, doesn't always mean that we skip chemo...It just means we watch for worsening symptoms.  It's a numbers game...A frustrating game of "wait and see".

Bailey just goes with the flow...No complaining, no whining.  Always smiling...Always positive.  She has a true 'thriving' spirit and knows that sometimes, she has to experience a period of pain, to get to where she needs to be.

How are YOU, when things don't go your way?  When you experience a fork in the road?  Do you whine, complain and let the world know how unhappy you are?  Who are you when no one is watching?  Who are you when EVERYONE is watching?

I know for me, when I find myself complaining to the world...Everything I do from that point is negative.

Do yourself and everyone around you a favor....And try smiling when you want to cry.  Try saying something nice, when somebody says something mean.  I know it isn't easy...Just just for one day, live, breathe, and speak a Thriving Attitude...and see what comes from it.

THRIVE ON.

1 comment:

  1. The only deal I saw on black Friday was a two four one on sweat shirts in the Lakewood mall in long beach ca. It was at hot topic and I needed a jacket to go to a cold region where my family lives.

    ReplyDelete