Monday, December 30, 2013

I Resolute to NOT Resolute


10 Reasons I Don't Have New Year's Resolutions

  1. I am a DO-ER.  I have learned that ACTIONS speak louder than any words I could put down on paper.  Making a list of things I want means nada to me.
  2. I live my life "In the moment", so my CHANGES....happen NOW.
  3. While GOALS are great to have....Year-Long plans of actions just don't motivate me.
  4. Did you know that the Journal of Clinical Psychology says that only 8% of those who make resolutions, actually stick to them...?  I refuse to be in that 8% - 
  5. LOSING WEIGHT....Is the top resolution ever.  It has been on my list of things I wanted for over 30 years.  And...The ONLY time I have actually accomplished this goal...Was when I decided to stop making it a YEARLY resolution!
  6. The pressure of making New Year's Resolutions make me feel like crap.  Going into a New Year is awesome...and I have hopes and dreams of it being 'the best year ever'....But lists and plans, make me feel like I am setting myself up to fail- AGAIN.  I stick with daily goals.  Daily plans.  Daily Intentions.
  7. Resolutions are typically unrealistic - I am a mom to 6 kids and live in reality.  I will not make a list of unattainable expectations.  "Being a size 4 by February" or "Getting to 120 pounds".  Nonsense. 
  8. In MY past...Resolutions have been about taking away something...or doing LESS of something.  Negativity will NOT be a part of my life anymore-
  9. Instead of having a resolution to BE BETTER/DO BETTER....I celebrate that I am already there.  I celebrate the progress I have made.
  10. Loving myself just the way I am.  While having intentions on doing more things that ADD, not take away--SOLUTIONS....Not resolutions are my hopes for 2014!
THRIVE ON!


No comments:

Post a Comment