Monday, August 18, 2014

Robin Williams


I wanted the dust to settle a bit before I talked about how I felt when I heard of Robin Williams death....Suicide.  By Hanging.

I was at a loss for words.

How could a man, with so much success do something like that...?  What about his wife...?  His children...? His Fans..?

I know depression.  I grew up with a mother that was so far in the pit of darkness...Who not only almost took her life...But she almost took mine as well.

I live with fear - guilt - pain

I can't even start to imagine how far these feelings would have to take me, for me to even consider ending my life....I'd like to think that there are enough people around me, that would save me from those demons....

So I have to ask....Where was the help for Robin?  He was a great actor....So is THAT how he hid it...?

I also just learned today...That Robin Williams played a part in a show called L.A. Doctors, of a man with Neurfibromatosis.  What are the odds in THAT?

Farewell Robin Williams....I pray that the Heavens are filled with the kind of laughter you left here on Earth!

1 comment:

  1. I think the diagnosis of the Parkinsons is what probably took him over the edge. I've known several people with it, and they fear, depression of losing your ability to do things you want to do is overwhelming. And for a man who did such active comedy, I would assume that was a very difficult diagnosis for him. I think that our medical community failed him somewhat, and countless others when they receive a diagnosis like this. They treat the condition, not the person.

    ReplyDelete