Sunday, August 30, 2009

Motivational Monday

Ode to Summer

Laying on our back
and watching the trees

running thru the grass
and feeling the breeze

Feet in the creek,
water on our toes

Sand in my shoes
and the sun on my nose

the days went on
like fireworks in the sky

Blasting so quickly
and passing us by

now its time
to settle back down

catching the bus
as the school bell sounds

I will miss my summer days
but carry the memories
in so many ways-
*Kristianne
------------------------------------------------
School starts tomorrow...
What to do....What to do?!

I remember the first day of school, when I was a kid. The new clothes, backpack, shoes....everything felt fresh! I was so excited to begin a new year...it was a new opportunity to invent myself, all over again.

I could be anyone I wanted.

A new school year for me, usually meant a new school. I remember the year I decided I would be the really friendly, really out-going girl, who joined all the clubs. This was totally against my quiet/shy nature, but ended up being my most favorite year.

I was busy, had a boyfriend and made many great memories. Sometimes stepping out of your comfort zone, can reap you tons of rewards! :)

As my kids go off on the first day of a new year.....I wonder who they will choose to be. A new year --- a new opportunity to do anything...to be anything!

Every choice we make is a new opportunity to start new. We don't have to wait for the first day of school, or the first day of a new job, or a Monday to start a diet......every second, every minute is your chance to reinvent yourself!!

Pictures will be on FaceBook :)
Happy Monday


No comments:

Post a Comment