Sunday, February 28, 2010

Motivational Monday

I sometimes struggle with what to post. Sure this is a blog about NF...but it's so much more than that. It's about 'THRIVING' with NF. Even as I sit here in the waiting room, as my 7 yr old daughter gets her MRI, I know that my family is so much more than Neurofibromatosis. I AM so much more than the bumps on my body. But I know, that for some, it's near impossible to see past that.

A person who is short, is...well short. There is no hiding or changing that fact. But it is not WHO they are. It's just what is. A person who has Neurofibromatosis, has tumors, you can hide them, or you can't...I went for years covering them up, wearing extra clothes, avoiding the sun--any number of "tricks" I learned over the years....Even today, I find myself in situations that may make my NF more noticeable and I want run, but I try to remind myself, "even if you can find JUST ONE person, who sees past the bumps on your face, then you have made progress."

I shoot for that, on a daily basis. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't...but I'm no worse off than I was before....and perhaps.....I was a conversation piece for the people that were staring at me. Who knows....?

I'm keeping it short and sweet today---because I want to be there for my daughter. She is so brave and I'm so very proud of her. On the way to the babysitter's house, Riker and Rachel were talking about how Rachel gets to play "Snow White" for the day and "sleep in a tube"... Riker asked me from the backseat, "Mommy, when will I have MY MRI?" Rachel says to him, "Well you don't have NF, like me...so you don't get one!" Riker replies...."No fair!"
Ahhhh the simple and sweet minds of children......I love it.

I will Update MRI results as I learn them---THANKS FOR ALL THE PRAYERS AND WELL WISHES!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment