Thursday, April 1, 2010

Thriving Thursday

Well, I think we are finally back to normal, after our wonderful vacation to Florida. The first few days were tough...the kids were waking up at 5 am and all ready for the day! Yikes!

Spring Break is this week, and the kids are enjoying recovering and having no school to worry about.

Coming back to "reality" is hard. I just wanted to stay at GKTW forever. It was such a peaceful place. But maybe that's why it's so special, you catch a glimpse of magic, and learn to appreciate life in a whole different way.

I told Bailey about her MRI results, soon after we arrived home from vacation. We sat her down and explained that the MRI picked up a growth, and we will be going to see more doctors, that can help us understand what will be needing to do.

She stood there, and I was half hoping she would break down, so that I could just hold her in my arms, and let her know she was going to be alright, but she didn't....She just shrugged her shoulders and said, "Okay, well...I'm okay, and I know I will be okay."

Later that night, I went into her room to say goodnight....and asked her if she had any questions about what had talked about earlier....She smiled at me and said, "This is just something to overcome and beat. " I sat there, looking at this young lady, so proud and filled with so much love.

"You'll be there with me every step of the way, Mom, so I know I will be okay!" We hugged and prayed and I rubbed her head....I told Bailey how happy she makes me, and how proud I am of her....and she says, "Well I'm proud of you too Mom!"

The appnt for the Neurologist got moved to Friday April 9th...and I will update with what we find out.

My children may have inherited NF from me....but they also got a fighting spirit to be able to overcome anything that life puts in front of them. I am truly blessed and honored to be a mother to them.

THRIVE ON!
~K


No comments:

Post a Comment