Tuesday, February 8, 2011

VP Shunt Surgery Consult


I was diagnosed with Normal Pressure Hydrocephalus a couple years ago and virtually told that I have compensated for my ailment and that there was nothing that could be done for me.  Apparently, I have had this my entire life, and no one noticed.  To me, this news was extremely frustrating...almost to the point of throwing my hands in the air and giving up completely.

I have been suffering from pressure type headaches since I was a kid, never understanding that NF was to blame.

If I had been properly diagnosed as a child, by doctors and if my symptoms were recognized by my parents--who knows, maybe life would be significantly different for me today.

I just need to focus on today.  Today I meet with a NEW Neurosurgeon team to discuss and evaluate my case.  My case is an interesting one, according to the Neurologist and he seems genuinely concerned about what has been going on for the last 30 plus years.

Talk of placing a VP Shunt has been tossed around before, only to have been ruled out because of the possible complications.  This has me really scared about the decision that could be coming.....

I will update the blog after my appointment....

Hope everyone  has a fantastic day!

1 comment:

  1. I had a VP Shunt placed 4 days ago I was so scared and I still am I dnt want to think about the complications but I believe in God and I know he will keep me safe.. I had Psuedotumor Cerebri and I had alot of Migraines , Headaches, blurred vision, I had the surgery done cause I was going blind and I dint want to loose my vision so I had the Vp shunt done. The pain is horrible and I now have a shaved bald head and Ive been so depressed but I know hair can grow back and I will get through this..

    ReplyDelete